Park Hills Summer Concert Series 2018 - Concert 6
The Park Hills Parks & Recreation Department & C.Z. Boyer & Son Funeral Homes are excited to announce the last of six concerts slated for the 2018 Park Hills Summer Concert Series!
Join us at the Columbia Park Amphitheater from 7-9 p.m. on Friday, August 10, 2018, as we welcome "Our Annual Southern Gospel Music Show" to the stage!
A Southern Gospel Music Show Featuring:
The Lesters |The Berry Brothers
This is an extra special, concert featuring two of the areas most well known Southern Gospel Music Groups.The Lesters
A family ministry dating back to 1925. The current group presents a fresh approach through the avenue of Gospel Music! Traveling nationwide and around the world singing in Churches of just about every denomination, the group has also been featured on many concert stages including the National Quartet Convention, Missouri Southern Baptist Convention, the National General Baptist Convention and more.
The Berry Brothers
The Berry Brothers have been involved in gospel music since childhood. Their family has a rich history of ministry. Their father, Clyde Berry, has been a pastor for over 40 years. He was a member of the Berry Quartet, a popular quartet from Fredericktown, Missouri in the 1950's. The older brothers, Alan and Steve, were part of a popular quartet, The Young Messengers, in the mid 1970's. After the Young Messengers dissolved, Alan and Steve started a new group known as The Berry Singers. Doug later joined The Berry Singers and the group quickly became a favorite gospel group in the Midwest.
Thanks to concert sponsors, all concerts in the series are FREE to the public. "The Southern Gospel Music Show" is sponsored by C.Z. Boyer & Son Funeral Homes.
- All the concerts are FREE to the public.
- All concerts will be held at the Park Hills Amphitheater in Columbia Park with the exception of the July 4th concert, which will be held at the Park Hills Sports Complex prior to the City's Annual Fireworks Display.
- Guests should bring a lawn chair or blanket for seating.
- No alcohol is allowed at the concerts.
- For more information, or in case of inclement weather, contact the Park Hills Parks & Recreation Department at 573-431-0478.